Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Malaekahana 40km TT

I don't know how to race a TT on my bicycle. Well, I KNOW how to do it, but when it gets hard, I don't want to say I give up, but I back off a bit because it's hard...I don't know why I do this because I don't do it when I'm swimming or running (hmmmmm?)....I know that's not the right thing to do when you are supposed to be racing your bike as fast as you can for an hour, but I do.

Riding bike up hills, I don't seem to do this, I can push, push, push uphill, but in flat, fast TTs I struggle. And I finished and felt like I could go for a pretty solid run...#triathlete. Congrats Kristy on taking the OA, much deserved!!
I guess I don't have a ton to say about this race other than I need to learn how to push harder on a flat, fast course, it was windy, the roads were semi wet, there was a headwind with some pretty gnarly crosswinds on the way out and a killer tailwind coming home. Carl and the other folks at Outtabounds Hawaii did a great job putting on this race, hopefully next year more people will come out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment