Saturday, February 21, 2015

Swimming

I finally bit the bullet and joined a masters team (UH Masters) again and it was amazing! It's super nice to be able to hop in the ocean or a public pool almost any time I want, for free, but to be in the pool with other people who love and want to swim is great. I get that already on Wednesday mornings, but the other 2-3 times a week I swim is usually on my own and that is getting old. There's only so much motivation I can/want to give myself, alone in the pool and I want a new swim routine! I have been wanting to shake things up a bit and start swimming with a group again so.....I went to my first practice last night and actually getting to swim with other fast people was everything I hoped it would be and more! They offer 11 practices a week...no more excuses for not swimming. I'm looking forward to continuing swimming with this group and can't wait to love swimming again!
On another note, I swam in the Ocean with the BOCA fam this morning and I had to bust out the wetsuit because it was sooooo cold! But it was a beautiful morning to be swimming outside in the ocean, in February, lucky, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment