Friday, July 11, 2014

WiliwiliNui Ridge

Last weekend Aaron and I decided we wanted to go on a hike. We haven't gone on a hike in a long time and since I'm just now starting to build up my run (more on that in my next post...an update is needed), this was the perfect time and opportunity to take advantage of another great weekend in Hawaii before my weekend days are totally full of swimbikerun FUN!

WiliwiliNui Ridge in Hawaii Kai. Make your way to Hawaii Kai (kal hwy). To get there....go to the top of Laukahi Street, tell the gate guard you want to go on the hike, he will give you a parking pass, park and find the trail-head. Super easy.

What an amazing hike. It's not long, about an hour up and an hour back down. Wide trails at the beginning, but toward the end there are some stairs, and ropes to help you navigate. I thought it was going to be a little scary at the end, but it wasn't, I survived and the views and payoff at the top were amazing. You can see almost the whole island from the top. EVERYTHING. You get views of the West side, Waianae Mountains, KoOlina, town, Waikiki, East side, KokoHead, Makapuu, Windward side, Kailua, Mokes, Kaneohe, Chinaman's Hat. Basically the only part of the island you can't see is North Shore.

A few pictures to spark your interest...









No comments:

Post a Comment