Tuesday, April 9, 2013

On Swimming....again....

It's been a really long time since I could say this, but I think I'm beginning to LOVE swimming again. It's been, oh boy, almost 7 years since I've swum competitively and once I finished collegiate swimming, I thought, no way, I'm not doing this ever again, stick a fork in me, I'm done. And I can confidently say, I won't swim at that level ever again, but I do enjoy a good solid swim workout and swimming consistently sure does help! 

I came to this realization last night while I was swimming my weekly Monday night workout when was able to hold intervals for the 3000 yard main set that I haven't been able to be even close to in years. I'm not where I was in college, but I'm also not swimming 7,000+ yards a day either. The feeling of being smooth, strong and "fast" in the water is something I've missed and it's finally back and I LOVE it!!

Just a few swimming pictures from the last year because I'm in a swimming kind of mood......
College swimming friends JB and Annie, after just finishing a Moks swim

Dig me beach


College swimming friend Susie at the Coffees of Hawaii Boat in Kona

Freezing cold Lake CdA before IM (57 degrees)....
I needed to jump in without a wetsuit 

OCC Invitational swim with Aaron




No comments:

Post a Comment