Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday from Kona...

I forgot my camera--->computer connection cord so I can't upload pictures, major bummer because I took some pretty awesome ones today...I'll post pictures when I get back to Oahu next Monday..


Tuesday morning Les, Claire and I headed down to the pier for a nice little swim. I came armed with my camera, total tourist move, but I was determined to get some good pictures while we were swimming. There was a pretty decent south swell so that water was a bit more murky than it's been in the past, but Les spotted a Honu and I dove down after it to snag a picture...Pictures to come when I get back to Oahu

Les and I continued swimming on out toward the Coffees of Hawaii boat (best idea ever), we'd lost Claire at this point. She met us at the boat, we had some coffee, took some pictures and headed back in. This was the most fun I think I've had swimming in the ocean. I'd totally swim in the ocean more often if I could have company like I did today. Also, I'm not a huge fan of coffee, but I loved it! If you want some excellent coffee, check out Coffees of Hawaii.

After that, they registered and I waited outside like the good little support crew that I am, then we went to drive the bike course for Claire to see.

Back to the condo and Les and Claire headed out on a short bike and I got to go run. At least it was pretty overcast and not too terribly hot out. But let me tell you, there are definitely some crazies here. Who goes out and rides for 2+ hours 4 days out or how about the crazies running sprints up and down Ali'i for hours, I guess Ironmen do.

Anyways, it was a great Tuesday here in Kona. More to come as the week progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment