Monday, September 12, 2011

Riding Long and a Sunscreen Plug

Yesterday I got in my longest ride EVER! 70 miles, I know it's nothing to brag about because, lets be honest, 70 miles isn't long compared to where I'm going to need to get before next June, but I was happy with the day I had on the bike. 9 months until CdA, plenty of time, but only 2 until my first Century Ride,  yikes!

I'm so happy I have friends who like to ride bikes and who like to ride bikes for a long time because I convinced two of them to join me yesterday and although I can't keep up with them, they definitely kept me going the whole ride. It's amazing how fast 4 hours goes by when you have company and aren't looking at your bike computer every five minutes watching the miles slowly tick away. I didn't take any pictures the whole ride, whoops, Kim says if I don't take pictures it didn't happen, well it did happen and I'll be sure to take pictures next time, my bad.

Next weekend I have another big ride scheduled to get ready for the Century Ride the following weekend and we talked about doing a point 2 point ride next weekend from Ewa to Kailua with a little Waimanalo back roads loop thrown on at the end for a little extra, we'll see who is game and who isn't...stay tuned

Side note...I just bought some new sunscreen from PlanetSunHawaii and it is AMAZING! I was out in the sun riding for ~4hours, got no sunburn whatsoever and didn't have to reapply once. (A great buy if you are coming out here for Kona and aren't used to the sun, also just a great buy). This is the first suncreen I've found that can truly withstand sweat and doesn't run into your eyes. The face stick sunscreen is pretty thick and kind of a pain to apply, but it's worth the effort (you can wear it in the water and it'll stay on through a long bike run afterwards without reapplication),  and the regular body sunscreen, nothing special there except it stays on and leaves you sunburn free...a first under this hot Hawaiian sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment