Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lonely Pineapple Loops

Well, Dave is off to VEGAS and I have two races this weekend. So last night was a wild night.  Mojo's Surprise Half Birthday Party
Mojo and Joy blowing out the candles after we sang happy birthday
Presents, cake and all. Mojo is one spoiled chihuahua. I've never been to a birthday party for a pet, let alone a half birthday, but a good time was had by all and I'm sure we'll be celebrating 4 years of Mojo in another 6 months!  

Saturday morning and a race tomorrow, what to do what to do...how about go on a 50 mile ride, yes please! I decided to skip the group this morning and opted for a bit more sleep (I know, I know, last week I said waking up early to workout wasn't as bad as it used to be, but I just wanted to not have the obligation of meeting people and getting there at a specific time). So much for sleeping in, I was up at 7am and ready to go! Headed up to the NorthShore for a pineapple loop and then back home, with a few detours to get in the miles and the time. (Side note...Pineapple loops alone are not fun at all!!!) 

Good idea or bad idea, I'm not sure yet, I've been doing my longer rides with groups lately or at least with one other person, which has been nice because it gives me someone to chase, someone to talk to (when I can catch up) and someone to help pass the time.  Today was HARD.  I know it wasn't super long, but it was a long ride for me by myself.  I'm starting to get in more miles on the bike, so hopefully it'll get easier and more comfortable. It was probably good that I went alone because you do races alone and I needed to be in my head and make sure I could push through whatever was telling me to stop after 30 miles...I made it...next weekend we'll try again and go for longer...
I always want to steal a pineapple and for sure I could have used one today on the ride,  but I definitely don't want the $500 fine, so I settled for some EFS and gels instead...mmmmmmm
Just another day in paradise  
Time to rest up for the rest of the weekend...Marathon Readiness 20k tomorrow and Waikiki Roughwater on Monday! 

Happy Long Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment