Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm not a foodie....

.....but I love cooking...
It's always fun to try something new and experiment in the kitchen and Dave will pretty much eat anything so I can't really go wrong. 

Before we moved to Hawaii, I still enjoyed being in the kitchen, but my outlook on food and cooking was completely different.  In the past, I just cooked whatever with no thought to how it was prepared or the nutritional benefits to anything I was eating. I was willy-nilly in the kitchen.  That all changed at the beginning of 2010.  I needed to get out of the rut I was in and get back on track. I got my kick-start from John Keoni Subiono's 12-week transform program and I began looking up recipes online that included nutritional information as well as just paying more attention to what I was cooking, eating and putting into my body.

I am much more aware of what I am eating and how that is going to effect my body and thus, athletic performance.  I was able to change my relationship with food. Now, I am eating for fuel instead of just eating to eat.  Don't get me wrong, I still have a sweet tooth and give into my cravings when they arise, everything in moderation is ok by me.  This journey has taught me a little bit more about food and how to use it to my advantage.

Some are paleo friendly, some are not, some are vegetarian, some are not....all are delicious!

Roasted cauliflower, garlic, turkey sausage and penne
not sure why all these pictures are sideways....but zucchini 'spaghetti' with veggies and turkey sausage


grilled scallops, watermelon, cucumber and avocado salad

Moroccan Stewed Chicken

Gnocchi, turkey sausage, onions and bell peppers


bacon wrapped asparagus and scallops

kebobs

breakfast for dinner

sweet potato, ham and leek soup

mmmmmm, chopped veggies

asparagus, scallops and roasted red pepper aioli

Spinach and blue cheese stuffed chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment