Friday, November 4, 2011

Night Swimming....In the Rain

Swimming and I have been having a love/hate relationship lately, but I think we're finally starting to get our groove back.

Wednesday, I had a swim on the schedule and totally wasn't feeling it after my run so I decided to go home and relax for a while.  Now, the pool I swim at has crazy hours (7:00am-9:30am you can't be open early during the week so I could swim before work? seriously what kind of pool doesn't have early morning swim hours!?, 2:15pm-5:00pm again, if you work, how are you supposed to make this time work for you!? and 7:00pm-8:30pm sometimes this is my only option and I usually totally ignore it because I don't want to go back out again after I've already come home. I guess that's what I get for living on the west side of the island where there is a whole lot of nothing.

I was feeling really guilty about not going to swim on Wednesday, so I hopped into my car and headed up to VMAC around 7 to get my swim in late night style. I haven't swum at night in forever and to top things off it was raining out. You'd think the rain would turn me off from swimming even more, but it's actually super fun! There's something about swimming in the rain at night that is very peaceful and calming. I'm definitely going to add night swimming back into my rotation, especially if it keeps me motivated.

Happy swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment