Thursday, February 25, 2016

Glimmers

Last night, I was back at the track again. wooooohoooo. Slowly, I've been able to recruit people to come join in the sufferfest (thanks Raul and DJ and Scott). It's not too much of a sufferfest quite yet, but it'll get there and having people to endure right alongside me will be....well let's just say I'll be happy to have others out there with me. 

Anyways, short and sweet, but after not being able to really run for almost 5 months (knee surgery and a bike crash) and now being back at the track and starting to run fast-er again, there are some glimmers of my run fitness coming back! It makes me really appreciate my health and the body's ability to heal (not that I didn't put in a lot of hard work to rest, recover, strengthen and get myself back closer to 100% again). 

So, when the going gets tough (and it will) and I am tired, the alarm goes off and I want to go back under the covers because it's too cold, too hot, too rainy, too windy, etc. That's when I need to remember I GET TO do this, I don't have to do this. I need to remember those days when all I wanted to do was run and I couldn't...now I CAN. 

My friend, Todd, shared this quote with me the other day and I really like it....
Excellence cannot be owned, it can only be rented. The rent is due every damn day!

No comments:

Post a Comment