Tuesday, April 30, 2013

BOCA Big Island Training Weekend

What a blast! This weekend is always amazing, this was only the second time I've been on this trip and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and the Big Island!!!

Instead of all the details written out, I'll recap the weekend in pictures...after this:
41 miles of running
178 miles of riding (11, 600 ft of climbing)
8,000 meters swimming (a little light on the swimming side of things, but it was all beautiful at Hapuna Beach...Kona crabs all over the place)!

not in correct order of weekend events


On the morning of the last day, we always do a BOCA swim race on the HONU course....super beautiful place to swim and get to practice the new course. 

 What a view from our hotel 

 BOCA Soup
Tim and Mariane got us some sweet goodie bags from Vega and BioAstin
Running on the Rollies
 Yo-Mamalahoa! After our windy, did I say windy, yes windy climb to Waimea
 Pre Ride Breakfast...Aaron and the ladies

BOCA takes over the Hapuna Prince

Aaron and I got to Kona early on Thursday morning so we could get in an extra bike ride. We stopped at Bike Works real quick to get our bearings and some basic directions on which way was the best to ride So we headed south to do the South Loop/Hualalai/Captain Cook/Painted Church Route. What a ride! Probably my favorite ride I've ever done.  It was the company... I'm sure! :-) But also such a great, beautiful, clean, smooth road surfaces. So happy we went over a day early to get in this extra ride!!!

 The Painted Church
 Captain Cooks Monument 
Here we go!

These pictures don't do the trip justice, what an amazing weekend, I couldn't have asked for a better time or better company!

No comments:

Post a Comment