Saturday, October 15, 2011

Inspiring

Ironman has to be the most inspiring athletic event that there is. Where else can people from 18-81+ be competing for 17 straight hours?! That's impressive, I don't care who you are. This past week definitely made me thankful, happy and excited that I signed up for my own little piece of Ironman. CdA, June 2012. Can't wait!

It's a little daunting to think about it, but after watching the World Championships, I'm inspired. It was awesome to be at the event and know a few people that were racing and every time each and every one of them, ran past us on the side of the road they all had a huge smile on their faces. I know it couldn't have been all smiles for them all day long, Ironman is a loooooooooong day, but I never once saw any of them looking like they were struggling...kudos to Leslie, Claire, Rachel, Michelle, Nalani, Emily, Lindsay congrats on your finishes!

Here's a few pictures to recap the week.

view from our lanai

Les, Craig and Claire pre race

we swam to the Coffees of Hawaii boat almost everyday

it was delicious

playing in the water with our cool new blueseventy suits from Mike

Me, Claire and Les

the crazy swim start

Rachel!!

Leslie D!!

Chrissie!!!

Nalani!!

Claire!!

Michelle (I think I caught you mid-sip, but I swear you were smiling right after)



Sorry about the sideways pictures, I can't seem to figure it out tonight...I'll try not to let it happen again
Check out all those smiles!!!
Great job ladies!!

1 comment:

  1. Excited for you for CdA!!
    Can you send me pics from Kona?

    ReplyDelete